The Instituteís scientific activity is organized, executed and financed according to the Laws of Ukraine, and is an integral element of the educational activity. It is mainly carried out within the following priority areas:
- regional management system development under decentralization;
- regional economic system: analysis and development paths;
- Southern regionís territoriesí sociocultural development: historical experience and modern prospects;
- decentralizationís theoretical and methodological grounds, and implementation directions nowadays;
- Ukraine in integration processes;
- informational society technologies introduction at the regional and local levels;
- project-oriented public administering: theory and practice;
- public servicemenís professional education system reforming;
- state and law regulations in public administering area;
- modern tools of state administering management etc.
The Institute has established the scientific activity traditions to promote the scientific achievementsí and innovationsí implementation into the educational process. The scientific schools having been founded in our higher education institution according to the ďPublic Management and AdministeringĒ field of expertise are the important aspect of the scientific activity. The Instituteís scientistsí work is mainly carried out in the network of such basic directions:
- modern issues of public management in Ukraine, regional politics, regional management, regional development, public servicemenís professional education system modernization, quality management and control in the state service system (Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor Mr. M. Izha);
- improvement of budget process state management mechanisms, economics reforming processes on the state and regional levels, regional social and economical processes prognostication and planning methods, and models development (Doctor of Economical Sciences, Professor Mr. A. Akhlamov);
- regional development managementís sociocultural context (Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Professor Mrs. Z. Balabayeva);
- economical activity planningís legal regulations (Doctor of State Management, Professor Mr. V. Marushchak);
- regionsí competitiveness, regionsí investment prospects, quality management and control, regional management, resource systems provision, strategical communication, project management in tourism (Doctor of State Management, Professor Mrs. T. Bezverkhnyuk).
Since 2013, the Instituteís scientists have started a mutually fruitful scientific and research cooperation with the public authorities of the South of Ukraine, and Vinnitsa region. For 20 years, the Institute has carried out over 40 custom research works for Odessa, Kherson, Mykolayiv regional state administrations, Odessa region district state administration, Odessa Regional Council, Odessa City Council and NGOs.
Scientific and communicative events facilitating the approbation and publication of the obtained scientific results are constantly held in the Institute. In total, over 500 events of a kind (conferences, scientific and practical seminars, round-table discussions etc.) have been held in the Institute.
The most valuable scientific achievements are considered at the annual concluding scientific conference, its topics addressing the most essential issues of the regional level state policy.
Odessa Regional Institute for Public Administration of the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine is the member of such influential international organizations as NISPAcee (Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe), IPMA (International Project Management Association), SEE-ECN (South East Europe Education Cooperation Network). ORIPAís ďActual Problems of Public AdministrationĒ journal is included into the International Standard Serial Number system under the ISSN 1993-8330 number. In 2007, ORIPAís Distance Learning Centerís IT class has passed the international certification by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), and received STN12854A international code and CTAS (Certified Test Administration Site) status, what allows to hold on-line English language tests providing an international certificate (TOEFL) monthly.
Thus, the scientific activity plays a key role in the life of Odessa Regional Institute for Public Administration of the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, and the quantity and quality of research works is constantly increasing.
With full dedication, the Instituteís lecturers, scientists, staff are working in the name of the main goal Ė for the results of their researches to be successfully used in solving the practical state and regional tasks.