About the activities of the Odessa Regional Institute for Public Administration
Professional training for the public service is an important condition for the stability of the state and structure of a socially oriented free-market economy.
The National Academy of Public Administration, Office under the President of Ukraine, and its Regional Institutes play a central role in training as well as educating public servants and officials. Due to the education of public servants in management, public administration and project management, the Odessa Regional Institute aims to contribute to the renewal of the personnel structures in public administrations of regional levels. Based on decree No. 824 of the President of Ukraine from the 11-th of September 1995 Odessa Branch of the National Academy of Public Administration was founded. With the President's decree No. 850 the Branch was renamed to Odessa Regional Institute of Public Administration. Since then the Institute works as an independent higher educational institution of the 4-th level. The Institute trains state officials and public servant of the autonomous Republic of Crimea, Vinnitsa, Mykolayiv, Odessa, and Kherson regions as well as the city of Sevastopol. Since 1998 ORIPA was the first educational institution to offer future to civil servants in Master's program in Public Administration with a specialization in "Health administration". Since 2004 ORIPA within that Master's program offers specialization in "Culture Administration".
10 Chairs ensure teaching and methodology: Public Administration and Local Self-Government, Regional policy and public administration, European Integration, Economics and Financial Policy, Philosophy, Social and Political Sciences, Information Technologies and Administration Systems, Ukrainian and Foreign Languages, Law and Legislation Process, Management of Organization, Project Management.
- Full, part-time and extra-mural as well as distance learning classes for a Master's degree in "Public Administration"
- Specialization in Public Health within the "Public Administration" Master's Program (distance - extra mural learning)
- Specialization in "Culture Administration" within the "Public Administration" Master's Program (distance - extra mural learning)
- Full- and extra-mural training in "Public Project Management" with the qualification Project Manager (on contract base)
- Full and extra-mural training with the qualification of "Specialist of Management of Organizations"
- In-service training of public servants and officials of local self-government
- Development of recommendations for the efficient work of the administrative bodies in the region
- Scientific research in "Public Administration "and "Project Management"
The Faculty of Public Administration offers the following specializations:
The courses are held by highly-qualified teachers from Kiev, Odessa and abroad as well as by practitioners. ORIPA is a member of the Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration for Central and Eastern Europe Countries (NISPACee), the Ukrainian Project Management Association (UPMA), the International Project Management Association (IPMA), and the Southeast-Europe Education Network (SEE ECN). Assistance from international partners enabled the Institute to offer its students and staff thematic seminars, electronic information exchange, and technical literature as well as practical courses and studies abroad and participation in international conferences and symposiums.
- Legislative and Normative Processes
- Regional Public Administration
- Public Regulation of the Economy and Entrepreneurship
- Social and Humanitarian Policy
- Public Health Care Administration
- Public Culture Administration
Since 2003 ORIPA has been training graduates and PhD students to become specialists in the following specializations:
25.00.01 - Theory and History of Public Administration
25.00.02 - Mechanisms of Public Administration
25.00.03 - Civil Service
25.00.04 - Local Self-Government